I like my new method of blogging Survivor, waiting until Thursday morning to watch it, then blog right after. Doing it on Wednesday night I’d have to worry about those west coasters reading spoilers and complaining, but now I can say what I want without worry of spoiling it! I’m going to make up a 12 hour window after a show airs for someone to watch it before you’re allowed to post spoilers without a huge warning. Why 12 hours? Because it sounds cool.
I’d like to first make a comment about the title, Sarita said. Obviously dead ducks can’t just sit on a lake, they’re dead! But it made me wonder, do they still at least float? And according to the random people answering questions at UK Yahoo, yes.. yes they do float, at least for a while. The source being Pat T, and he’s yet to steer me wrong! I mean the guy’s got a 50% “best answer” rating at Yahoo answers from 245 questions, that’s pretty amazing.
Why am I going off on random stuff before actually talking about the show? Well, it was a pretty bland episode and I guess I’m just filling words. Although to be fair I did crack up in real life seeing Phillip walk around in his “pink panties” and hearing Rob comment about them. The Phillip / Rob scenes usually make the entire episodes.. in fact, I propose a spin-off sitcom featuring the pair. In the sluggish economy, the Government had to lay off some “super agents”, with Phillip being one of them. He moves into Rob’s studio apartment (who is living there because Amber threw him out due to her jealousies of all the girls from Survivor falling in love with him), and the pair have to share a bed together with Phillip wearing his pink panties every night.
The pair create a private detective firm and go around solving weird random cases, like trying to find out whether or not ducks actually float on water after they die. I’ll watch it! Set it up “USA Network”, you guys are known for the quirky crime solving shows! (I want royalties though) The name will play homage to The Pink Panther, and it’ll be called “The Pink Panties”.
Ok, back to the show.. I guess. Even though I’d rather write about the new show I just created!
Here is the basic rundown for what’s going on in the game (note: when I do bullet points, it’s a sign I’m too lazy to create a well written article trying to tie everything together)
- Matt is rocking the shit out of his Redemption Area In The Jungle challenges (I can’t really call it an island – since it isn’t). The guy is questioning Rob in the middle of putting together a puzzle and still dominates Kristina.
- Because of that, Rob has to seriously consider getting Andrea out of the game before she comes back to bite him if/when Matt re-enters. I don’t know when it’ll happen, but it really can’t be much longer. My guess is merge, which should be happening in what, 3-4 more episodes tops?
- Steve sounds like a moron when he talks. His goal early on was to try and bring Stephanie and Krista into their 6 person alliance to form an 8 person alliance. Hey buddy, that’s the whole tribe. Who are you allying against if the whole tribe is together? The ghost of Russell? Are you going to keep trying to vote him out even though he’s on his way back home by now? Maybe you should throw another competition, vote yourself out and make sure he’s really not hiding in Redemption Area In The Jungle.
- I absolutely LOVE the plan of Stephanie and Krista flipping when tribes merge to cling on to Rob’s coattails. This strategy works extremely well when you do absolutely nothing to stay in the game until merge. Or were they using Brenda Lowe’s strategy of not begging to stay in the game in hopes people will randomly have a change of heart? That’s clearly the winning strat!
- The rest of the episode consisted of David crying because he didn’t get to solve the puzzle. Ashley, Andrea and Natalie having a Cinemax moment under the waterfall. Rob finding a clue to an idol he already has, and one of the most predictable votes we have seen this season, despite Jeff’s little attempt to cause drama by pulling the name “Steve” with the first two votes. I’m sure there wasn’t any editing involved in that one!
Wake me when people actually start playing the game. This had potential to be a great season, but it’s quickly becoming a snore fest.
I can’t even think of any talking points to get comments stirring this episode. Should the coin landed on heads and they voted Stephanie out instead of Krista? Does anyone care if David actually did the puzzle?
One good talking point is, what do you think should happen on Rob’s tribe? He may not see it, but the walls are slowly closing in on him right now. If his tribe wins out, he’ll have the numbers post-merge, but then he’ll have angry Andrea, Phillip and possibly Matt flipping to whoever is left on the other tribe. If they lose and he gets rid of his threats, he’s going to go into the merge with an alliance of 4 vs 6. … I almost wonder if that’s his best chance because that alliance of 6 is probably more vulnerable than winning back Andrea, Matt or Phillip (if Matt comes back).
What do you think Rob should do to stay in this game? What’s his best course of action?
Tags: Andrea Boehkle, Ashley Underwood, Boston Rob, David Murphy, Grant Mattos, Julie Wolfe, Krista Klumpp, Kristina Kell, Matt Elrod, Mike Chiesl, Natalie Tenerelli, Phillip Sheppard, Ralph Kiser, Rob Mariano, Sarita White, Stephanie Valencia, Steve Wright, Survivor Redemption Island