As per usual, the final episode of Survivor was a lead-in to the reunion special where they counted the votes to award the winner of the one million dollar prize. If you live under a rock and still don’t know who won and are waiting for DVR, avoid this post because there may be some spoilers.
- When Brenda Lowe was up for elimination, she said there was a whole scene that took place which didn’t even air. I was one of the many people who wondered why Sash didn’t give her the idol to strengthen their alliance, but apparently as he was enjoying his reward zip-lining over Nicaragua, Brenda was actually plotting on getting Sash out of the game. NaOnka told him about that prior to the tribal council, and that’s why he didn’t give his idol to her, and his alliance fell apart. I wonder why they didn’t show that.
- Jimmy Johnson said the show actually saved his life. He said he’s tried multiple times to go on the show, and on a recent season, one of the Survivor doctors called him up and told him during his check-up, he had two blocked arteries and needed to get that taken care of. He had stents put in, and passed the physical for this season. Applying a few years ago most likely saved his life.
- Jeff asked if Marty and Jane made up, and the always honest Marty said there will be no future friendship. Why is this newsworthy? It was just interesting because most people under that pressure lie and say they’re best friends now. Not Marty, and that’s why it was too bad he was booted when he was.
- NaOnka said she didn’t realize it would rain so much… in the rain forest.
- Speaking of, because of NaOnka and Purple Kelly quitting, Jeff announced a new rule change for future seasons. If someone quits for anything non medically related, the show has the right to refuse them being on the jury. This explains why they still allowed those to participate in the show like other contestants.
- Jeff tried to allow Shannon to redeem himself and his comments towards Sash and gay people in general, but Shannon stood by his comments and was quickly cut off by Jeff and the subject was changed. This confirms one thing, Shannon is still a douche.
- Despite heavy rumors of a Rob vs Russell season 22, nothing was announced about this despite a) Russell was in the shot as Jeff was talking to Rob, and b) he allowed Rob to introduce the teaser to the upcoming season.
- Jane won the $100k fan choice vote by an overwhelming amount. This kind of shocks me as I didn’t really find anything exciting about her, and in fact she was one of the most annoying people on the show to me. The best part of her was obvious, she was an old trooper and busted her ass competing with young players, so I can see that draw, but her personality really killed it for me.
Here is a gallery of the reunion show after the jump: