People Magazine is reporting the ever-so-lovely Amber Portwood has been officially arrested and is being held in jail for 24 hours after turning herself in. A warrant was issued for her arrest yesterday, and I’m sure she took this opportunity to get all dolled up because you never know if you’ll meet the man of your dreams in jail. The only bad part about this is I don’t think MTV was recording the events for the next season. It would have been great to see Amber go to jail and come out with a few guys phone numbers, then watch as she speed dates when they’re released.
Oh well, maybe her next arrest. Anyway, details of the story:
“Domestic battery has an automatic 24 hold,” an officer at the Madison County jail in Anderson, Ind., where Portwood is being held told PEOPLE. “Even if someone pays your bond, you still have to wait 24 hours to be released.”
Earlier on Monday, Portwood was charged by the Madison County prosecutor with three felonies, including two counts of domestic battery and one count of neglect of a dependent. She was also charged with one misdemeanor charge of domestic battery. She was booked at 4:21 p.m. and bail was set at $5,000.
Enjoy your time in jail, Amber. I hope this is a little reality check for you. Probably not, though.
Now that Teen Mom’s Amber Portwood is realizing she could actually be in trouble for beating the shit out of her boyfriend, Gary Shirley, it’s time for the excuses to fly. In an interview with National Enquirer (realize source here), an “insider” was quoted as saying:
“Amber knows she needs a good defense, and reality show producers are known to stage scenes, so she thinks it’s believable.
“She says that the producers were concerned because they don’t get much drama from the other moms.
“They told her that she and Gary were the most popular couple on the show and that they would pay her extra to provoke a fight. Amber says Gary didn’t know about it because they wanted a ‘spontaneous’ reaction from him.”
Even if this story is true, I’m not buying it at all. Amber is a head case, and she’s been in a dysfunctional relationship with Gary for as long as the show has aired, and we’re supposed to suddenly believe that she took money to be what she already is, crazy! Amber and Gary may be the most popular part of the show, but I don’t think MTV needs to pay Amber any extra to get it like that. They saw gold in her during 16 and Pregnant which is why she was selected to do the Teen Mom show. To think they would need to pay her to be crazy is like saying they pay “The Situation” to be sleazy, or “Snookie” to be skanky. Shit like that just comes natural for them, as does Ambers behavior.
If you’ve tried to contact us in the past few months and thought we were rude for not responding, it’s because our contact form was not working. I was wondering why even the spammers didn’t find me interesting enough to message me, but I can rest easy knowing it was the sites fault, not mine!
If you had anything you needed to tell us, how much you hate, love us, want to trade links, or anything else, hit up our new contact form and we should get back to you soon!
In case you were wondering what’s going on with the couple we love to hate, look no further! It seems Teen Mom’s very own Gary Shirley is out spending money like he’s Oprah. He’s dropping coin on a boys’ weekend, on furniture, on a new car, despite the fact that he has a suspended license and will only be able to look at it collecting dust in his driveway, not to mention more little (okay, big) gifts for himself. Poor Leah got the shaft when he only spent a measly $200.00 on birthday presents for her. I guess it’s all relative, since I don’t think $200.00 is anything to sneeze at for a 2 year old’s birthday. He could have at least bought Leah a new car, like a pink Hummer. Basically, Gary is acting like a lot of other guys his age would when they find themselves with a lot of money. Maybe he feels he deserves it after getting beat up by his girlfriend every week. Regardless the reason, I know what I’m doing Sunday. Heading over to Gary’s place to watch football on his new 82-inch 3D HDTV.
During the reunion show of Survivor Nicaragua, a preview clip played about the next season called Survivor: Redemption Island. The theme of this show will be a new feature called Redemption Island where the first person voted off will head there instead of home and wait under the same conditions as other survivors. When the second person is voted off, those two people will square off in a challenge (sword fight to the death?) to determine who finally goes home and who remains on the island. The winner will challenge the third person voted off and so on until a certain point when the final person standing on Redemption Island will actually be inserted back into the real game for a second chance.
What was not mentioned was whether or not Rob or Russell will be returning, or any other former cast members, like heavily rumored. This was surprising considering it would have been a big draw, and the rumored contestants (Rob and Russell) were in the crowd essentially sitting between Jeff Probst at one point.
In an interview with Probst, he said this will likely be a continued format that he’s really excited about. It differs from Pearl Islands because a) contestants will know about it from the start, so they’ll put more thought into votes and b) those living on the island will have the same harsh conditions instead of a “break” from the game. He also said there will only be one immunity idol in play at a time instead of one per camp, which will prevent powerhouses from holding on to two idols at the same time.
I am already looking forward to the new season which begins on February 16th, but don’t stop visiting until then. I’ll be posting any updates I can find on the show including cast previews / bios when I get them. Like us on facebook for the most recent updates!
As per usual, the final episode of Survivor was a lead-in to the reunion special where they counted the votes to award the winner of the one million dollar prize. If you live under a rock and still don’t know who won and are waiting for DVR, avoid this post because there may be some spoilers.
- When Brenda Lowe was up for elimination, she said there was a whole scene that took place which didn’t even air. I was one of the many people who wondered why Sash didn’t give her the idol to strengthen their alliance, but apparently as he was enjoying his reward zip-lining over Nicaragua, Brenda was actually plotting on getting Sash out of the game. NaOnka told him about that prior to the tribal council, and that’s why he didn’t give his idol to her, and his alliance fell apart. I wonder why they didn’t show that.
- Jimmy Johnson said the show actually saved his life. He said he’s tried multiple times to go on the show, and on a recent season, one of the Survivor doctors called him up and told him during his check-up, he had two blocked arteries and needed to get that taken care of. He had stents put in, and passed the physical for this season. Applying a few years ago most likely saved his life.
- Jeff asked if Marty and Jane made up, and the always honest Marty said there will be no future friendship. Why is this newsworthy? It was just interesting because most people under that pressure lie and say they’re best friends now. Not Marty, and that’s why it was too bad he was booted when he was.
- NaOnka said she didn’t realize it would rain so much… in the rain forest.
- Speaking of, because of NaOnka and Purple Kelly quitting, Jeff announced a new rule change for future seasons. If someone quits for anything non medically related, the show has the right to refuse them being on the jury. This explains why they still allowed those to participate in the show like other contestants.
- Jeff tried to allow Shannon to redeem himself and his comments towards Sash and gay people in general, but Shannon stood by his comments and was quickly cut off by Jeff and the subject was changed. This confirms one thing, Shannon is still a douche.
- Despite heavy rumors of a Rob vs Russell season 22, nothing was announced about this despite a) Russell was in the shot as Jeff was talking to Rob, and b) he allowed Rob to introduce the teaser to the upcoming season.
- Jane won the $100k fan choice vote by an overwhelming amount. This kind of shocks me as I didn’t really find anything exciting about her, and in fact she was one of the most annoying people on the show to me. The best part of her was obvious, she was an old trooper and busted her ass competing with young players, so I can see that draw, but her personality really killed it for me.
Here is a gallery of the reunion show after the jump:
» Read more..
Filed under: Survivor Nicaragua
Tags: Alina Wilson, benry, Brenda Lowe, chase rice, dan lembo, Fabio, holly hoffman, Jane Bright, marty piombo, NaOnka Mixon, Purple Kelly, sash, Survivor: Nicaragua