Since Teen Mom is on hiatus, I decided to fill up my time with watching 16 & Pregnant. I have never actually seen the show before, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I’ve decided to do these posts in a different format. Instead of a full recap, I’m only going to post my thoughts, since I know you all love to read what I’m thinking as I watch TV. Don’t forget the occasional screenshot too, since a picture really is worth a thousand words; or, in some cases, ten thousand words.
- For the season premiere of 16 & Pregnant, we meet Brooke. She has been dating Cody for 2 years and it’s a match made in heaven. Actually, in their case, it’s a match made at the race track.
- Misty, Brooke’s mother, keeps condoms under the bathroom sink for her daughter’s use. I’m guessing Brooke doesn’t look under the bathroom sink very often.
- Nothing says ‘I love you’ like a race car themed wedding.
- For half the episode, we got to hear Misty and Brooke get on Cody constantly about his schoolwork. It’s almost like he moved in to a house full of mothers. Oh, wait, that’s exactly what he did.
- Brooke and Cody get into this argument about her graduating. He wants her to just get her GED and he’ll work more hours, so they can afford to move into a barn and out of her parents house. She gets all on his case because she wants to graduate high school.
- They have a pretty sweet deal though. In exchange for rent, they just have to keep the house clean. However, they can’t even do that.
- Brooke got Cody a pregnancy suit. Who does that??? The only time I’ve seen one of those was on 10 Things I Hate About You when Bianca had to wear one. But her father was an ob/gyn, so it made sense he had one just lying around.
- Brooke said to her friends that she can’t drive for 6 weeks after giving birth. Umm, I’m pretty sure it’s you can’t have sex for 6 weeks after giving birth, not driving. No wonder you got yourself into this predicament.
- I saw a Harry Potter trailer and got so excited I almost forgot what I was doing.
- Brooke + Cody = Brody. How clever! I’m sure glad my parents didn’t name me Glothony.
- Pacifiers do not belong on crusty breast pads. I did not know that, but I’m sure glad I found out.
- Brooke doesn’t know how to give Brody a bath. Don’t they show you that at the hospital before you leave?
- Brooke thinks being a teen parent is really, really hard and she never gets to see Cody since he’s working all the time to save up for the barn of their dreams.
Okay, now that I’m no longer a 16 & Pregnant virgin, what happens next? Do we ever see Brooke again or is it a different girl every week? I’m dying to know if they ended up moving into the barn and if Brooke ever learned to give Brody a bath.